This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
• Church Cottage is a 4 Star self-catering holiday cottage.
• Situated in Wall, a rural location, overlooking the village green and St George’s Church.
• It is situated in a small and picturesque village, 4 miles North of Hexham and half a mile from Hadrian’s Wall.
• Wall Fell overlooks the village, near Church Cottage, on which the remains of an Iron Age Settlement can be found.
• St. Oswald’s Church is 1.5 miles away – the site believed to be the location where The Battle of Heavenfield occurred in medieval times, where King Oswald called his troops to pray before the battle (AD 633).
• Wall is designated a conservation area and an area of special architectural and historic interest (since 1991). Contains examples of Bastle houses – fortified farmhouses in 16th and 17th centuries.
• Church Cottage was built in the mid 1800’s, originally two cottages, it has been modernised and insulated to modern standards.
• The local pub, The Hadrian Hotel is approximately a 10 minute walk from the cottage, with many other good pubs/restaurants just a short drive away.
• A local bus service runs into Hexham one – two hourly Monday to Saturday. The Hadrian’s Wall Country Bus runs hourly serving Hadrian’s Wall, daily from Good Friday until 1st October.
• Hexham Railway Station, opened in 1835, this historic station provides rail links East and West along the Tyne Valley.
• Newcastle International Airport is approximately a half hour drive away.
• Church Cottage has two bedrooms on the first floor – one king bed and a twin room. Also, small room on first floor used for a playroom/sitting room. It has one family bathroom on the first floor.
• It is suitable for both the young and young at heart, sleeping 4 guests.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone Landline: 01434 689953 / Mobile: 07766 720668 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bookings are made directly with Church Cottage either via our website : www.churchcottagewall.co.uk or by phone and are subject to terms and conditions.
• We are members of Premier Cottages and can supply a colour brochure where required. We also advertise with Heart of Hadrian’s Wall.
• A deposit of £150.00 is required at the time of booking, the balance 8 weeks prior to your stay.
• Should your stay be less than 8 weeks away, the full payment is required.
• On receipt of the final balance, we will provide information on where to collect the keys and directions to the property.
• Many guests arrange for supermarket deliveries to tie in with their arrival time. Should you be delayed, we are happy to take care of this for you.
• This access statement can be provided in larger print if required.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
• We will contact you in advance to advise how you can access the key box. We always try and welcome our guests personally during the stay.
• Cars may be parked directly in front of the porch wall, or opposite on the grass. This road area forms part of the access around the village green but has been informally established as the cottage parking.
Entrance to Property
• Entrance to the cottage premises is up a step 17cm high and through a wooden gate 149cm wide.
• Small south facing patio with paving slabs, garden bench and wall mounted, folding washing line.
• Accessible path width 100cm wide.
• Leading to front door 70cm wide with 16cm step and raised thresh.
• Entrance is well lit with sensor light and solar lights along the wall.
• Slate Church Cottage sign to right of door with wall mounted key box.
• You enter into a stone floored porch area, with non slip mat, church pew along one wall, coat rack and shoe storage.
• Roller blinds to windows.
• The electric boiler is within a cupboard behind the coat hooks. Heating settings situated here.
• One step into the kitchen 12cm high.
• Central ceiling light.
• The dining / kitchen is entered directly from the porch.
• The clear door opening width is 82cm.
• Beamed ceiling.
• Wood laminate flooring.
• It has a wooden work surface 91cm high.
• The oven has a drop down door for when grilling, oven door is side opening at a height of 50cm. The oven is 90cm high.
• A four ring electric hob, set at a height of 90cm, with an extractor fan and lighting above.
• A Belfast sink is fitted with a double mixer lever tap, at 87.5cm, sink depth 21cm
• A microwave is set at a height of 82cm on work top.
• A standard sized dishwasher is fitted under the unit with cupboard door opening, next to the sink.
• A standard sized washing machine is fitted under the unit next to dishwasher with cupboard door opening.
• Fridge-freezer with adjustable glass shelves – fridge and freezer open at 80cm
• A Toaster and a Cordless Kettle that revolves at 360 degrees all sit on the work surface.
• There are a number of under surface cupboards, housing pots and pans and cooking utensils.
• Wall cupboards house glasses, mugs, teapot and cafetière. Bottom shelves at 142cm height from floor.
• There is a large larder cupboard for kitchen storage, with low shelves set at 100cm and 142cm. These can be adjusted.
• We provide plastic cups / plates for the young and elderly alike.
• Various plug sockets.
• Original Victorian dining table to centre of kitchen 183cm x88cm, with a number of chairs.
• The height to the table is 79cm, with 62cm clear space underneath.
• Thermostat to control boiler for heat and hot water is situated on the wall.
• Roller blinds to windows.
Kitchen leads to stairs and sitting room
• Slightly raised thresh between kitchen and living room floors.
• Wooden oak floor with central rug.
• Beamed ceiling.
• The living area has a mixture of seating with a leather and fabric 3 seater sofa, a fabric 2 seater sofa, a leather pouffe, a wooden rocking chair and child’s wicker chair.
• The lounge has a stone feature wall, with horizontal, vintage hay loft ladder feature.
• Large pictures and Chinese fabric hanging decorate the walls.
• There is a large coffee table, with mats in a drawer.
• A glass fronted bookcase contains books, guides, games and toys.
• All furniture is moveable.
• Large lined heavyweight curtains to main window with metal hold backs and blinds to other two windows.
• There is a Smart digital television with subtitles, remote control and a DVD player. We provide a wide assortment of DVD’s and Books for your enjoyment.
• Wood burning stove, with door. Wood store/rack to left of food burner
• The property has smoke alarms and carbon monoxide sensors where required.
• Fireguard available on request.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
• The ground floor area is mainly wooden/laminate flooring. The bedrooms, stairs and landing have short pile carpets and the bathroom is vinyl floored.
• There are 12 stairs to the first floor which are carpeted, the first four stairs turn a corner to the right.
• There is a wooden handrail on the left hand side of the stair case.
• The passageways are 78cm wide on the stairs and 135cm wide on the landing (60cm of which, is above 183cm).
• Beams in all upstairs rooms.
• Roller blinds to windows.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
• There are two bedrooms upstairs,
• King bedroom, has built in hanging and cupboard space under the eaves. 120cm height, shelves at 50cm and 83.5cm.
• The clear doorway opening into the bedroom is 63cm.
• Width between bed and wall 40cm.
• Height above bed – head end 120cm from floor, 70cm from bed. Low beam at 70cm clearance at head end.
• The height of the bed to the top of the mattress is 50c
• There is central lighting as well as side lamps, and two bedside tables.
• Towel rail on wall.
• There is a small chest of drawers with mirror and chair.
• One non-opening window with roller bind on side wall, one opening Velux window with blackout blind above bed.
• Neutral carpet and neutral decor. Natural coloured bedding.
• Space for a travel cot.
• Bedding is non allergenic.
• Twin room – clear doorway opening is 64cm.
• The twin beds are standard sized and separated by a small bedside table.
• One bed in full height of room, second under sloping eaves with 55cm head clearance above the bed at lowest point.
• Towel rail and mirror on wall.
• The height of the beds is 70cm
• There is a central light and bedside lamps, (new shelving/drawers to be purchased, awaiting joiner) hooks on back of door.
• Neutral carpet and neutral decor throughout. Blue and yellow bedding. All bedding is non allergenic.
• Roller blinds to windows.
• Small room on first floor with small sofa under sloping eaves with 80cm head clearance whilst sitting on sofa.
• Mirror on wall.
• Fitted wardrobe houses a TV (no arial) and DVD player, Wii player and games with remotes.
• Ceiling light and Velux window with blackout blind.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
• Family bathrooms on the first floor has over the bath shower of maximum height 175cm due to ceiling beams.
• Plenty of shelf space for toiletries. LED spot lights and natural light from Velux window.
• Neutral decor, with an abundance of luxury towels in coffee, white or berry to coordinate with bedding.
• Vinyl flooring.
• Anti slip mat, step stool and toddler toilet seat insert on request.
• Full sized bath height 48cm, toilet 41cm height, wash basin height 88cm and a heated towel rail.
• Well lit with LED spot lights and lighting above the mirror.
• Plenty of space for toiletries.
• The patio area by the front door is South-facing.
• The stone wall is 93cm high from road/66cm high from patio and is
planted up with herbs, bulbs and flowers.
• Large plant pot by the left of the door with perennial flowers and bulbs.
• Wooden bench for sitting outside suitable for 2-3 persons.
• To righthand side of the cottage – two steps 10cm and 15cm high to bin and log store.
• Cottage overlooks the central village green which is for community enjoyment and another green a few metres beyond, for children’s play
park and picnic benches.
• This is a pet-free property.
• We offer free WIFI, but please note we are in a rural area, so whilst internet access is good. Download speeds are slow.
• We have good mobile phone coverage for all networks.
• Doors and door frames are painted white downstairs, natural wood upstairs. Walls are light and neutral, with feature ochre-coloured walls in
kitchen and lounge. Neutral bedroom carpets and rich red coloured carpet to stairs and upstairs landing.
• There is a Doctors Surgery in Humshaugh 10 mins away.
• The nearest General Hospital and A & E department is Hexham Hospital 20 mins away and Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care
Hospital in Cramlington 40 minutes away.
• Local attractions are listed on our website and in a folder within the cottage.
• We are committed to ongoing improvements on our website to make it more accessible, your comments are welcome to assist us in this